If you are not prepared, Google’s ranking on your website (and any website you manage) may decrease. Alternatively, if you act quickly, you can significantly increase your organic traffic and help you get Organic Traffic On Instagram when this update runs .
A social media content calendar shows a list of dates and times for publishing different types of content on different business social media accounts. In the content calendar, you can plan for all social networking activities, from images to link sharing and audience-generated content, blog posts and videos. This calendar can also include daily posts and social media campaigns.
Using some social media management tools such as the Hootsuite tool, you can plan your entire content calendar and see the best time to publish content on any social network based on interaction rate, traffic and clicks.
Putting these types of posts in the content calendar will help you provide the right mix of content to your users. If you are just starting out in content planning and you do not know what content combination is right for you, you might want to consider Rule 20-80:
- 80% of your posts should be dedicated to informing, educating and entertaining your audience.
- 20% of the content should be dedicated directly to advertising and promoting your brand.
You can also enforce the “one-third” rule for content marketing on social media:
- One-third of your content should introduce your business, turn your audience into a customer, and generate revenue.
- One-third of the content should share the stories and ideas of leading people and businesses in your industry.
- The last part of the content should be dedicated to interacting with the audience.
Publish a good number of posts
If you are new to social media, you may not know how many posts you need to make on each network to get the most engagement. To get started, it is recommended that you follow the process of publishing the following content:
- Instagram (Feed posts): 3 to 7 posts per week
- Facebook: 1 to 2 posts per day
- Twitter: 1 to 5 tweets per day
- LinkedIn: 1 to 5 posts per day
Publishing too much content will make your audience bored. By publishing less than necessary, the audience may think that following your page is not worth it. You can use social media management tools to schedule the number and timing of posts.
Design the best content mix
Make sure the content generation strategy and calendar planning of your business’s content aligns with the goal for each social media account. For example, you can target the following content combinations:
- 50% of the content will increase your website traffic.
- Provide 25% of the content from other sources.
- 20% of the content is in line with “lead audience” goals such as targeted email marketing and.
- 5% of the content is about your business culture.
Produce quality content in social media marketing
Once you have determined the strategy and calendar of publishing content on social networks, you should pay attention to the type of content you publish. The content of each network should be designed to help you achieve the goal of each network. To do this, it is better to pay attention to the following points:
- Design and produce content tailored to the purpose of each network.
- If you have an employer, tell them what kind of content will be published on each network.
The second tip will help you reduce tensions between co-workers.
Ideally, you should produce content that is relevant to both social media and the goal you set for social media. For example, if you want to use the Twitter social network to support customers, posting videos to increase your brand awareness on Twitter is useless.
Determining the right content for each network is time consuming and requires testing. Therefore, it is better to always be ready to update this part of the strategy.
Review the performance and change the social media marketing strategy based on it
Social media marketing strategy is very important, and you will probably not come up with the best strategy the first time you try to design it. When you start implementing your strategy and reviewing your performance, you may find that the strategies do not work as expected. For this reason, you need to change them based on your performance. To do this, you must pay attention to the following points.
Review performance metrics
In addition to using the tools to analyze the results of social media marketing strategies, you can also use the “UTM parameters” to monitor user behavior on your website. UTM parameters are short codes that are added to the URLs of link you place on social networks, making it easier to examine audience behavior. The image below shows a link containing the UTM parameters.